This project is read-only.

Excellent Library.

Apr 9, 2013 at 4:08 PM
I have used Reactive ETL for some months now and I can tell you without hesitation or qualification that this is an excellent library.

The dearth of documentation - yea there's some sample code which does get you going - is a drawback but by no means should that deter anyone from using this library.

I have a number of ETL processes, all built in C#, and all built utilizing the previous release of this library and I can tell you it is rock solid - at least for what I do with it.

The File Helpers library, which has some integration hooks that are utilized by ReactiveETL was also a pleasant find. Granted for some situations I had to develop a Fast CSV library where the structure of the incoming file was not known in advance which precluded the use of File Helpers but for most situations I can pop an ETL process together that reads the CSV and just blast through it using Reactive ETL.

It does take a little work to understand how to design a pipeline and manipulate the row or rows of data that are being generated into the pipe but that's just an ETL process design function which the library has nicely accomodated.

I think this is a great project! I encourage anyone that has a pipelined ETL process to use this library. It will save you countless hours of frustration trying to role your own especially when the ETL process is ussually on the front or back end of a system which frankly is the really interesting design bit not the moving data in and out which while boring has to run absolutely reliably.

M. Gillen
Apr 9, 2013 at 4:12 PM
Thank you for your comment. I'm pleased to hear that people are enjoying using it